What to look for in international health insurance?
When taking out medical insurance for international travel, there are a few questions you should consider.
- Coverage: Where are you going? Will you be traveling on a Schengen visa or do you need worldwide coverage? You should always check your provider does not have any hidden exceptions.
- Scope: What medical expenses are covered? Does your policy guarantee a high standard of care? How high is the excess/deductible?
- Getting home: If the worst happens and you need medical attention abroad, does your insurance include emergency repatriation? As you are probably well aware, not all insurance policies are equal; some travel health insurance policies are more comprehensive than others.
Key benefits of ottonova insurance
At ottonova, we believe your health should always be well protected – which is why our special health insurance tariffs for expats in Germany offer worldwide coverage as standard. Our policies include straightforward healthcare coverage at transparent rates. With our private health insurance cover, you benefit from:
- Unlimited health insurance cover for travel within the European Economic Area (EEA) – which means complete cover for travel under a Schengen visa
- Insurance protection for worldwide travel as standard (either for 2 or 6 months at no extra charge, depending on your selected tariff)
- All vaccinations for foreign travel as recommended by the Robert Koch Institute, Germany’s federal agency for disease control and prevention
- Repatriation back to Germany organized by ottonova if you need expert care Flexible deductibles starting at 10% per invoice amount, with a maximum of €500 per deductible or per calendar year