Private health insurances have the possibility to exclude certain groups because of risk factors their jobs bring.
For example, serving in the armed forces involves risks to which the civilian population is not exposed and are therefore not insurable. The probability to get injured is much higher. That means that it's more likely you need medical treatments which can be expensive.
In order to protect the insurance collective, certain occupational groups are also not insurable at ottonova, including:
- Professional sportsmen and trainers
- Actors, models, dancers
- Musicians, singers, artists, tamers, acrobats and showmen
- Miners, persons working at sea, divers of all kinds, blaster, pyrotechnicians
- Racing or test driver
- Flying staff(pilots, stewardesses)
- Persons engaged in amusement and alcohol business
- Bodyguards, security guards and detectives