We are raising the bar for the health insurance sector in Germany by introducing digital convenience that will change one of the most established trades of our country. Let’s build innovative solutions which have real value for our customers and revive the health care business using future-proof technologies.
Senior Android Developer (m/f)
Location: Munich, Germany
- Create the Android apps for Germany's most innovative private health insurance company, a best of breed app that enables our clients to get a quicker, more sophisticated service experience
- Work closely with a highly motivated and skilled team of backend developers and UI/UX designers
- Write secure software that safely stores the client's data in the app and securely communicates with our backend application via RESTful APIs
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in the Android ecosystem including health trackers / wearables and more
Your profession excites you and you have a genuine interest in what you do. You are looking for an employer who appreciates you as an individual and who is interested in helping you develop your personal and professional career path. Taking responsibility for your work means more than just showing up to the office every day. You don't mind putting in a few late nights to get the job done and you're also willing and eager to help team members who are struggling with their own tasks. The quality of your work is of a consistently high standard. You're not afraid of challenging tasks and have already gathered experience in mission critical and highly available applications.
Dealing with your colleagues in a respectful way is important to you, as well as possessing a system of values. However, you're not lacking a good sense of humour to keep the team spirit up!
You’re fluent in English and/or German and you enjoy working in a multicultural, interdisciplinary environment.
Your professional qualification
- Bachelor / Master of Science and / or more than 5 years of relevant professional experience working in a technology focused environment
- Deep knowledge of Android development
- Strong Java programming skills, knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development
- Experience using crash reporting tools like Crashlytics, Crittercism etc.
- Solid knowledge of building apps on top of RESTful APIs, using networking frameworks like e.g. Volley, Retrofit, OkHttp etc.
- Experience implementing tracking tools like Google Analytics / GTM, Adjust, etc.
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Experience in unit and integration testing, TDD
- Ideally experience using build automation tools like Gradle
- Solid fundament in computer science, network protocols and IT security
What we’re offering
- The opportunity to shape one of the most exciting new startups in the market
- An experienced team of highly motivated, skilled and interesting individuals
- A safe and dynamic workplace giving you lots of opportunities for professional and personal development
- The opportunity to take on responsibility from the first moment on, building and shaping smart solutions
- A fair compensation packet with a full-time permanent contract
- Flexible working hours and a goal oriented approach
- We support you (and your family) with your relocation to Germany / Munich and assist you with the initial steps of your life in a new city / a new country
- The best possible technical equipment
- An ergonomical office equipment
Please send your CV and your references / work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch within the next five working days. Interviews can be conducted on site in Munich, via video call or phone.
Your contact for all questions is Melanie Blumschein.